Coronavirus (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions
The health and safety of our customers, employees and communities is top priority for the Benedict Group of Companies, especially given the ever-changing environment we live in as we adapt as a society to COVID-19. Here you can find out how we are monitoring and responding to the outbreak and what you can do if your business is affected.
1. Are Benedict Sand & Gravel, Benedict Recycling and Benedict Industries essential services?
YES. As an essential supplier to the construction industry and as a waste management service Benedict is currently operating Business As Usual across all sites and services. The health and safety of customers and staff is top priority. Benedict has implemented additional hygiene protocols across our businesses. We are closely monitoring the COVID situation and updates from relevant Government and health authorities.
Thank You for your patience as we work together during these testing times.
2. Can I still tip my C&D waste, builders waste or household waste (non-putrescible waste only) at a Benedict Recycling Facility?
YES. Benedict Recycling continues to accept construction and demolition waste and household waste (non-putrescible waste only) at all of our recycling facilities. Benedict employees are equipped with appropriate PPE for handling and managing waste. Additional hygiene protocols have been implemented across all of our sites, including social distancing.
3. What additional hygiene protocols has Benedict implemented at its Quarries and Recycling Facilities?
We have implemented additional hygiene protocols for when you tip your waste or pick up product from our quarries and recycling facilities. Some of these changes include:
- You will be asked additional questions as part of entry to site conditions.
- Where possible please pay with EFTPOS rather than cash, although we will continue to accept cash payments if necessary.
- Changes to some operating procedures for your safety and the safety of our people.
- You can opt in for zero contact customer service. To find out more please contact your Sales Executive or our Debtors team via firstname.lastname@example.org
4. What additional hygiene protocols has Benedict Sand & Gravel implemented for its supply and delivery service?
We have implemented additional hygiene protocols for when you sign for your deliveries to facilitate a low contact delivery service. This includes
- Our drivers are cleaning the PDAs immediately before and after each use
- Where driver docket books are still in use, we encourage you to sign with your own pen.
Customers can also OPT IN for ZERO CONTACT DELIVERIES, to find out more please contact your Sales Executive or our Debtors team via email@example.com