Coronavirus (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions
The health and safety of our customers, employees and communities is top priority for the Benedict Group of Companies, especially given the ever-changing environment we live in as we adapt as a society to COVID-19. Here you can find out how we are monitoring and responding to the outbreak and what you can do if your business is affected.
1. Are Benedict Sand & Gravel, Benedict Recycling and Benedict Industries essential services?
YES. As an essential supplier to the construction industry and as a waste management service Benedict is currently operating Business As Usual across all sites and services. The health and safety of customers and staff is top priority. Benedict has implemented additional hygiene protocols across our businesses. We are closely monitoring the COVID situation and updates from relevant Government and health authorities.
Thank You for your patience as we work together during these testing times.
2. Can I still tip my C&D waste, builders waste or household waste (non-putrescible waste only) at a Benedict Recycling Facility?
YES. Benedict Recycling continues to accept construction and demolition waste and household waste (non-putrescible waste only) at all of our recycling facilities. Benedict employees are equipped with appropriate PPE for handling and managing waste. Additional hygiene protocols have been implemented across all of our sites, including social distancing.
3. What additional hygiene protocols has Benedict implemented at its Quarries and Recycling Facilities?
We have implemented additional hygiene protocols for when you tip your waste or pick up product from our quarries and recycling facilities. These changes include:
- You will be asked additional questions as part of entry to site conditions.
- Staff and Customers are required to wear a mask in Benedict Recycling’s Hand Unload enclosed areas.
- Everyone (staff & customers) must scan a QR Code upon arrival.
- Cash-less transactions ONLY
- Changes to some operating procedures for your safety and the safety of our people. Such as at our recycling centres assistance with hand unloading has been suspended.
- Customers can opt for zero contact at our weighbridges by selecting to receive the docket via email, instead of signing. Please inform the weighbridge when you are on site
4. What additional hygiene protocols has Benedict Sand & Gravel implemented for its supply and delivery service?
We have implemented additional hygiene protocols for when you sign for your deliveries to facilitate a low contact delivery service. This includes
- Driver’s will ask for first and last name of the onsite contact accepting the delivery and sign on their behalf.
- Driver’s with PDAs will automatically email a copy of the signed delivery docket to the customer.
- Driver’s with docket books will leave a copy of the delivery docket in a safe spot designated by the customer.
Deliveries are ZERO CONTACT, to find out more please contact your Sales Executive or our Debtors team via firstname.lastname@example.org